The RNZAA committee has been monitoring the current COVID-19 levels across NZ in the knowledge that Trentham Camp can only host our AGM weekend if Wellington is at COVID-19 Alert Level 1. We also note that a number of key committee members, and members in general, reside in Auckland, and their ability to attend the AGM also needs consideration.
The Association committee reviewed this position today (decision D Day) and determined that the likelihood of NZ being at COVID-19 Alert Level 1 on 30 October with unrestricted travel nationally was not high. A decision has, therefore, been made to cancel the RNZAA AGM weekend scheduled for 29–31 October 2021.
The AGM meeting itself will instead be conducted as a virtual meeting in order to fulfil the Association’s constitutional requirements.
The virtual AGM will be held on Saturday 30 October 2021 at 1100hrs.
The committee is now working on the mechanics of this meeting and advice on how to join this meeting will be circulated once planning is complete. An agenda and accounts will be circulated by email to the membership for review no later than 23 October 2021.
Should there be any committee member nominations, motions, or general business for inclusion in the AGM agenda, please email these to me by 16 October.
I appreciate the advice above is very disappointing, but we look forward to being able to come together for regional and national events in 2022.
Chris Pearce
Secretary RNZA Association